Aluminum Windows vs. Wood Windows- Which is a Better Choice?
30 Oct 2017 •Blog
Are you thinking of replacing or installing new windows? Windows are a crucial part of your décor and are great for adding aesthetics to your house. Along with this, they help in protecting you and your house from outside elements. Windows are available in many different sizes, styles and forms, making it a process to select the right one. The two most common types of windows are aluminum windows and wood windows.
Comparison of Aluminum and Wooden Windows
There are many aspects that you need to consider before buying a window. When deciding which is better, you have to compare the following factors:
Windows are one of the most important components of your house. It is something you can’t compromise on. This is why you have to select a window that offers the utmost durability. The aluminum window provides outstanding strength that can last for longer periods. On the other hand, wood windows are likely to expand because of the temperature and humidity level changes.
The final cost of the windows depends on many factors. This includes how many windows you are replacing and what style you have selected. Overall, aluminum windows are generally less expensive than wooden windows.
Pros of Wooden Windows
There many advantages of using wooden windows. Some of them are:
• Wood windows are energy efficient, as they don’t corrode and rust with the passage of time.
• They can be customized in any color, style, and size. They can complement any décor of your house.
• Wooden windows can easily be maintained and can boost the value of your property. This is because they can last for longer periods of time.
• Wooden windows conserve more energy, as wood is a poor conductor of heat.
Cons of Wooden Windows
Some of the cons of wooden windows are:
• Wooden windows require frequent polishing or painting
• They are able to get termites
Pros of Aluminum Windows
Here are some of the advantages of choosing aluminum windows.
• Invulnerable to weathering and denting
• Aluminum window is light in weight and have a sleek design
• They are slightly more affordable than wood windows
• They are easier to clean
• They are environmentally friendly
• They are more durable than wood windows
Cons of Aluminum Windows
Some of the disadvantages of using aluminum windows are:
• There will be a need for maintenance in the case the anodization wears out
• The aluminum windows will be prone to corrosion if you live near the coastal areas
In the end, the decision is up to you. You have to choose the window that suits your needs best. You will have to keep in mind your budget and the décor of your house, as well. Which window do you think is the best? Let us know in the comments below.